November 20. 2017 2:00 p.m.
Webinar - Ohio Helpline: What happens when Ohioans call the Ohio Problem Gambling Helpline?
Description: Each month, the Quality Assurance Committee of PGNO conducts ‘secret shopper’ calls to the Ohio Problem Gambling Helpline to ensure appropriate information is provided to callers. Learn how you can become included in the resource guide for referrals, what other resources are available, and how you can participate in the quality assurance calls. This session will provide an inside look at the helpline, the marketing for it, and review the role the Ohio Problem Gambling Helpline plays in providing resources and referrals to the individuals and family members impacted by problem gambling.
Marilyn Rule, Zepf Center
Scott Anderson, Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services
Molly Boyette, United Way of Cleveland
- Participants will understand the history and role of the Helpline
- Participants will understand the additional consequences facing the gambler in crisis including suicidality
- Participants will understand how to be included in the resource guide
- Participants will understand how they can support the Helpline
- Participants will understand the importance of being an appropriate referral. i.e The person answering the phone at the provider level need to handle the call properly.