IPGAP is offering a free in-person two day Advanced Motivational Interviewing training onAugust 15th & 16th. This is a two day training, participants need to be able to attend both days and cannot register for a single day session. Please see the information below.
To register, visit our training portal at: http://www.ipgap.indiana.edu/training/inpersontrainings.php. You will be required to enter a user name and password.
Advanced Motivational Interviewing
George Brenner, LCSW, LMFT, LCAC (Member of MINT)
August 15th and 16th, 2016
Time: 9:00am to 4:00pm (both days)
Location: Bloomington - Monroe County Convention Center, 302 S. College Avenue, Bloomington, IN
Advanced Motivational Interviewing is focused on the practice Motivational Interviewing and the continued enhancement of the practitioner's skills. Content will focus on strengthening the basic skills of MI (OARS, EARS, and additional techniques to elicit Change Talk). There will be an emphasis on maintaining the Spirit of MI throughout the clinical process. There will be a significant focus on the 4 processes of MI with particular attention to consolidation of commitment in the Evoking and Planning processes. Attention will be paid to the management of Discord throughout the 4 processes. Emphasis will be placed on how one can maintain and enhance their practice of MI. Attention will be paid to the ethical practice of MI. There will be discussion about how to integrate MI in your practice as well as integration with your other skills in a variety of settings.
- Trainee we increase competence in identifying/eliciting/and strengthening Change Talk though the use of the skills of MI.
- Trainee will increase competence in the management of Discord.
- Trainee will increase competence in awareness of the 4 processes of MI and interview accordingly.
- Trainee will increase competence in maintaining the Spirit of MI including the ethical practice of MI.
- Trainee will increase competence of development of a Change Plan when commitment exists.
- Trainee will have increased competence in how to maintain and enhance their MI skills.
- Trainee will have increased competence in integrating MI within their other skills and within their clinical setting.