One of the gaming industry’s largest trade groups announced an updated approach to problem gambling during a roundtable discussion on the issue at UNLV’s international Gaming Institute on Thursday.
Just before the discussion, the American Gaming Association's (AGA) released its updated Code of Conduct for Responsible Gaming, which guides how the organization’s members — casinos, sports books, manufacturers and related businesses — deal with:
- Promoting responsible gaming
- Preventing underage gambling and unattended minors in casinos
- Serving alcohol responsibly
- Advertising gaming responsibly
- Training employees
- Raising awareness and promoting research into responsible gaming
The panel included Elizabeth Cronan, senior director of gaming policy, AGA; Alan Feldman, executive vice president, MGM Resorts International; Tim Richards, senior vice president of payments innovation, Everi Holdings Inc; Dan Shapiro, vice president of strategy and business development, William Hill; and Terry Johnson, a member of the Nevada Gaming Control Board.